Abes Army One-Niners

Monday, June 16, 2008

Heat vs. Humidity

I spent last week in Las Vegas. Yes, it is hot in the desert, and there is no shade! A couple of days while we were there it hit around 100. And yes, we did run!
I will also tell you I was on vacation. In other words, I usually didn't get out of the bed until after 9 am. It was already very warm when we start out. I did find out a couple of things.
First, it is very nice running in the heat without all that humidity hanging around. The humidity level was around 8%. It is so much easier to breathe when the air is dry.
Second, I learned real quick that just because you aren't profusely sweating, you have to drink a lot of water. I felt like I was sucking cotton most of the time.
I will say that I definitely prefer running in the heat without the humidity. But, then again, sweating lets you know you are alive.
See you on the road...
Cheryl
PS. I hope to see everyone on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home